LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

executable not working

Support website doesn't allow me to fill in support ticket because it gets stuck half way trough so we are forced to open up a forum topic.

Executable is not working on a computer that is not the development computer.

The issue is a not enough memory to complete this operation error.

Development computer labview 2020 professional windows 10.

Target computer labview runtime 2020 windows 10.

The application consists of a single VI wich reads an external sensor via visa to a graph.

Also it would be handy if somebody could tell wat this error code exactly means, because

this vi is so simple it could run on a commodore 64.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,408 Views)

Hi 555,

mind to attach that simple VI? (I don't think the C64 will handle the whole VISA stack.)

Are you building an unbounded array in your VI? Are there unhandled VISA errors so that array is growing much faster than usual?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,403 Views)

Did you create an installer that includes the VISA drivers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,394 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,388 Views)

No, i installed the drivers manually on the target device.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,385 Views)

Hi 555,

on your VI:

You should implement a proper statemachine. Much cleaner implementation than stacking loops inside each other…

Do you really need to configure the serial port with each iteration of the inner while loop? I don't think so…

Do you really need to use a polling wait? Would a simple non-polling wait reduce CPU usage?

There are unbounded arrays in the inner loop…

Do you get a "COM port Error" indicated by that LED indicator?

What happens when the FOR does NOT find a suitable COM port? There is no error handling for this case…

Using the WriteMeasurementData ExpressVI, especially when creating an Excel XLSX file, is quite CPU-hogging and slow. Writing to a CSV file would be much easier and faster.

Recommendations:

Improve error handling, additional to the points listed above. You should also show errors in case you want to debug your EXE (right now you set the only error handler to "no dialog")!

Create an installer for your EXE to be sure you include ALL needed drivers.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,367 Views)

I've used a proper installer to load all the libraries this did not resolve the issue.

While the VI is poorly "coded", this is only a snipet from a much larger program with state machines,error handling,file i/o etc... This larger program however displays the same error insufficient memory to handle this operation.

The need to write to excel is defined by the customer so using csv is out of the question.

This made me suspect the issue was with the computer itself as it has only 4GB of ram memory. However the application runs without this error on another laptop which is also limited to 4GB ram.

Regards

user555

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,263 Views)

You could try running Windows Task Manager on working and non-working systems.

This would tell you how much memory the program uses (working) and how much is available

on the non-working PC.

In Windows 10 - turn off Background Apps - they can use a lot of resources.

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,253 Views)