From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exception 10h

I received an error message: "excpetion 10h in module lvrt.dll" while trying to print to a hp 1220c printer on a windows95 enviroment. the problem is that this is a printing fuction written 10 years ago, that I cannot touch, on labview 5.0. is there a way to go around this problem???

thanks rani.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,214 Views)
Rani,

The 10h (divide by zero) exception error was pretty common with HP printers/printer drivers 7-9 years ago. I ran into it with several programs, including LabVIEW. As I recall, one workaround was to configure the printer settings to disable the bi-directionality. You will not be able to get diagnostics from the printer, but that allowed printing in many of the cases. Alternatively, you can use a different (non-HP) printer. I think there may have been one or two other things to try, but I no longer remember what they are. You may want to try the HP website and search for the 10h error there for ideas/workarounds.

Regards,
Aaron
Message 2 of 3
(2,197 Views)
Thanks fo the tips. However, The solution I found eventually was to use the windows driver instead of the the provided hp driver, and that seems to solve the problem.

thanks anyway and I hope that I could help others.

rani
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,181 Views)