LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excell report problem on continuous analog voltage measurement

Dear Sir,

I want to measure and log voltage signals obtained from sensors. In the end I need to have the result in excel sheet. My problem is that, once I started the program, it measures and logs the signals for certain time (mostly about 60 second), for longer periods of measurement I can only see logs of first 60 second in excel, rest of the measurement results is not logged in excel. Could you please help me to solve this problem?

I have attached my vi.

Bilal

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,579 Views)

by the way, my hardware is NI9207

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,578 Views)

Hi bilal,

can you attach a ZIPped datafile created by your VI(s)?

Apart from memory handling issues your VIs should store all data you are reading from DAQ in those waveforms and so should save all the data to a file after exiting the loop!

for longer periods of measurement I can only see logs of first 60 second in excel, rest of the measurement results is not logged in excel.

Please use the right wording!

You are not saving in "excel", you are creating files that could be opened by Excel. Which version of Excel do you use? Are you using an old version limited to 65k rows per spreadsheet? (But at a sample rate of 100Hz you should be able to see data of 650s in Excel…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,552 Views)

Hello GerdW,

Please find the attached datafile created by my VI(s).

Regards,

Bilal

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,543 Views)

Hi Bilal,

your CSV file contains data for ~44s, with a dt of 10ms. What's the problem with this file?

Btw. your VIs are missing error handling at all. You don't check for errors of your DAQAssistents nor do you check for errors at the waveform functions! Can you include this in your VI - and then assure your VI runs without any errors?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,539 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I have placed an indicator for both error in and error out of the DAQ assistants and WDT append waveforms. After running the program it showed that error code 1802 for all append waveforms. Do you think it might be the reason? Can you suggest me stg to solve the problem with this info?

Regards,

Bilal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,504 Views)