LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel Task manager

Why does task manager doesn't close the excel thread when we close the excel report in labview report generation toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,475 Views)

Umm.. what? Why are you trying to use task manager to close the Excel thread? What is your LabVIEW version? Which version of the toolkit are you using? What exactly are you doing in your code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,471 Views)

Not using task manager to close excel thread, saw excel.exe in task manager even after disposing the report, Labview version is 8.6 and Report generation toolkit ver 1.13

If we work using Active X then we dont see this problem I believe.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,469 Views)

Any idea why excel thread will not close in task manager ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,450 Views)

The most likely reason is that a reference isn't closed. Not sure why that would happen with the toolkit. Do you have a VI that you can upload that reproduces this problem?

@systemcrash wrote:

If we work using Active X then we dont see this problem I believe.

Actually, the toolkit does use ActiveX internally.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,446 Views)

Try executing this, CLose all the excel applications. Open task manager and ensure that you dont have excel thread, now  run the program . You see Excel thread in task manager  but when the VI stops the thread still remains in task manager.

If you open the saved excel file just for viewing and then close it, then the excel thread in task manager is closed.

I doubt whether the same thing happens if we use Active X.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,444 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem as systemcrash and no solution.

Do anybody has a solution?

many thanks in advance

zäpfle

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,428 Views)