LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

example program forces front panel screen size

I am somewhat of a novice at LabView programming.  I used an example program as the starting point.  I expanded the front panel, added buttons and displays, and added code to do additional things.  But when the program gets to the example code, it forces the front panel screen down to its original (example) size.  The help messages talk about going to File > VI properties > screen size but none of the settings solve the problem.  The code that I wrote starts with a full screen front panel and runs fine until the program gets to the example code then the front panel shrinks.  There must be something in that portion of the code that is setting the properties.  Anyone know what is happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,546 Views)

try posting your code so we can look

(2,539 Views)

Hi Gary,

Anyone know what is happening?

You already answered that on your own:

There must be something in that portion of the code that is setting the properties.

All you have to do is find that part of code!

Start searching using breakpoints and step-by-step execution (aka basic debugging techniques)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,520 Views)

I have attached the vi.  I will start trying to debug.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,506 Views)

I haven't been able to test this properly because I am missing a lot of the VIs but when I was loading the missing files I did notice that there is a 'svx_Set Panel Size.vi' called. I might recommend that as a good place to start looking. Search for it and delete it and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,495 Views)

That did it!  Thanks so much for your help.  The set set panel size command was hidden in an "INIT" connection.  Thanks again!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,464 Views)