LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet

Hi,

Does anyone know where the ethernet dll is saved on my PC?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,467 Views)

Hi 99,

no.

(How should we know where files on your computer are stored?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,464 Views)

Hi,

I need to find the file called "ethernetpinterface.dll", and I don´t where it can be

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,431 Views)

Hi 99,

@labview99 wrote:

I need to find the file called "ethernetpinterface.dll", and I don´t where it can be

Google doesn't know any "ethernetpinterface.dll", so you need to search on your own!

(Ask the programmer of the software, which asks for that DLL, to supply this DLL…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,424 Views)

It's not on my computer, so definitely not a standard Windows DLL. You have to find what software this came with and ask the manufacturer of that software how it works. There is a good change that they may not feel like telling you the details you would need to know to call its functions from LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,412 Views)

Is labVIEW asking for this? The only thing I can think of labVIEW related is that you would need to install the ethernet/ip toolkit. You can not find a .dll if it has not been installed, ethernet.dll is not a windows library and it has to be installed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,357 Views)

Just in case you mis-typed the filename, I just searched my C: drive for "ethernet*.dll". I'm running Windows 10 x64, and several versions of LabVIEW (most recent 2019 SP1).  No files matched (>800,000 tested, including all NI and Windows files).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,347 Views)

Well this is not really a LabVIEW or an Ethernet question now is it?

1. Open a File Explorer window
  2. Navigate to the root directory of your "C" drive
  3. In the upper right hand corner of the File Explorer window there is a "search box"
  4. Type the file name or even partial file name in that box and press enter
  5. This will search your hard drive for the file in question.
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,323 Views)

Most likely you have to install the ethernet/ip toolkit which is a separate toolkit needed to run in LabVIEW. You can download the kit that is available in ni.com. A license is required to use it long term but it usually gives you a 7 day trial period and you can check if that is what you need. This is not a Windows or LabVIEW included library so you won't find it unless you have already installed it.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-industrial-communications-for-etherne... 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,266 Views)