LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error with easy excel table(report generation)

Solved!
Go to solution

hi friends

I'm using Labview community edition now, and I'm trying to build an output excel report(with template used) by using report generation toolkit.

everytime, if I use excel easy table.vi in my block diagram, it runs well, but then if I build the exe file, it always reports an error(see attached please).

then if I only delet the easy table.vi from my block diagram, the error will disappear. and everything is then good.

BTW, I find that there is a lock on NI-report generation toolkit.lvlib and NI_excel.lvclass, is this the reason? does it mean I have to buy and then activate it?

thanks and waiting for your kindly help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,226 Views)

just an update on the issue.

after reading the error message, it asks me to check the default icon seting, and I changed the icon to a different logo(not a NI default logo), the the issue disapears sometimes, but I have to say, sometimes error still stays there, and then I build the exe again, then it disappears, so I do not know what's happenning there, and is there any special setting I have to reset in my application property pop-pup window? 

anyway, it is not going to build exe file successfully everytime,  I do not know what's wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,203 Views)

@Powerdou wrote:

I do not know what's wrong.

We don't either.  It could be that there's a problem with your code, a problem with building the Executable, or a problem with the Report Generation Toolkit that comes with Community Edition.  We would need for you to attach your Project (which includes the Build Specification you are trying to use) and a sample Template (so we can see if that's "Part of the Problem, or Part of the Solution").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,143 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Powerdou

thanks, I think I solved the issue with choosing correct icon while building the exe file. 

thank you all!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,117 Views)