LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error using DB Tools Insert Data.vi

Hi

I am trying to insert data into a Paradox database and I am getting the following error:

"Error -2147467259 occurred at Conn Execute.vi->DB Tools Create Table.vi->DB Tools Create Table If Not Exist.vi->DB Tools Insert Data.vi->Header Infromation 20061019 two inserts.vi

Possible Reasons: Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Paradox Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ''.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. in Conn Execute.vi->DB Tools Create Table.vi->DB Tools Create Table If Not Exist.vi->DB Tools Insert Data.vi->Header Infromation 20061019 two inserts.vi"

Right now the vi is set up to create a table if one does not exist.

Any Suggestions on this .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,696 Views)
How exactly are you connecting to the database?  From the error message, it sounds like you are using the Jet driver and it is the driver for MS Access.  I'm not familiar with the drivers for Paradox - are they ODBC or OLE DB?  If these acronyms don't make sense to you, refer to chapters 1 and 2 of the Database Connectivity Toolkit User Manual. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,680 Views)
Paradox uses ODBC drivers

Shani
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,664 Views)

Hello Shani,

Have you had a chance to look over the other questions Crystal asked above?  Those answers will help us to better help you.  I also found the following discussion forum - I know they are using a different database, but I think you can tweak the solution so it works for you too. 

Have a fantastic Wednesday!

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,638 Views)