LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error running executable from main installation

I am getting error BFFF009E when I try to run my application on a non-development PC. I am assuming it is because I need to include the VISA runtime library in the installation. To fix this problem, I used App Builder to create an installation that includes visa260runtime.exe as a support file, and then checked the option to run this executable in the "Advanced" button from the Installer. However, when I run setup.exe from the Installer directory, I get the following message from the VISA installation : "Another installer is currently running. This installation cannot proceed until it has completed...". Any thoughts as to what may be be going wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,235 Views)
I attempted to run this same setup without any issues. The installer installed my application and as it finished it launched the installer for visa260runtime.exe. It might be worth a try to repair your msi installer. If you are running LabVIEW 6.1 there should be some additional exe (instmsiw.exe and instmsi.exe) files in your installer directory. One of these files will repair your msi installer depending on your operating system. instmsiw.exe if for windows NT, 2000 and the instmsi.exe is for Windows 9x and ME.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,235 Views)