From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error is generated when a vi is called dynamically in exe

i havew the following attached vi's

I call the untitled1.vi dynamically from the untitled2.vi. using the load vi dynamically.vi. i dont get any error meassage when i run in the scource code. But when i build the code, i get the error in opening the untitled2.vi.

Can u exp-lain me why is this and how to over come this. I found that when i open the front panel of the dynamically loaded vi i can over come this problem. Is there any other way to do this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,791 Views)
In Application Builder on Tab "VI SEttings" find your vi and set option "Remove panel = no".
I think this is your problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,791 Views)
Hi,

It looks like you are trying to do something that is not available in the runtime engine. The error 1043 is referring to arg1 at a property node in the Load VI Dynamically.vi but you have this locked with a password.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,791 Views)
Thanks for ur answer,
I have attached the same files with removing the password. Please guide through this.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,791 Views)
Hi,

The Execution:Show Front Panel On Load Property is read only with the Runtime Engine.

Remove this property and your exe will work fine.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,791 Views)
Dear MR Ray Farmer

I removed The Execution:Show Front Panel On Load Property. I am getting the error 15. Can u guide me through this. I am attaching the changed vi's
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,791 Views)
Hi,

The Untitled1.vi needed the Remove Panel to be set to 'NO' in the app builder VI Settings Tab.

I've attached modified files and exe. (I have put the open front panel property node back in so that I can see it launched back it works fine if you dont want to see the panel so you can set the boolean false or remove the Node.)

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,791 Views)