LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code bfff0015 using USB device gentec-EO solo x

Hello, I'm trying to communicate with a sensor made by gentec using their sensor monitor model "solo X" with labview drivers found in their Website. my PC is running Windows 2000, labVIEW 7.0, VISA 3.6.  Sensor works properly using gentec monitor SW. The system works with a virtual serial port via USB connection. When I tried to use labview driver, no value was read; So I looked at Visa test panel and when I  tried to read the error code BFFF0015 appeared. I already tried to solve changing timeout value but no value seemed to be long enought. No errors appear in error code inside driver.  Could you help me to find out a solution?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,775 Views)

Hi,

If there are no bytes to be read or you ask for more bytes to read than are available, then the VISA Read will eventually timeout. The VISA timeout is settable with a property node so you may have to increase it, but it's more likely that you have an incorrect byte count or there are no bytes available for a read. Or maybe you have to add a termination character such as a Line feed (LF) or a carriage return (CR).
To accomplish this, either explicitly append a termination character onto the end of each command,  or set a global attribute of the VISA session to automatically append a termination character.

I hope this will help!

Bye!

Licia

Message 2 of 5
(3,742 Views)
Thank you, still trying to solve. It seems as if the driver downloaded does'nt work! 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,716 Views)

I tried to communicate with my sensor using MAX, VISA and also all the instrument downloaded from gentec website, but it was unable to communicate. I am using communication command found in sensor user manual. It seems as if there is an error in comunication protocol. In fact the port is OK. Communication set up of USB virtual serial port is the one required for Gentec solox. I am able to communicate using the original SW made by Gentec. I put Line Feed when necessary.

Is there anybody who found (and solve) this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,695 Views)

Have the same problem.

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,601 Views)