From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -9 Open interface error : DLL connect interface function failed. Errorcode: -9 GCS Error: There is no interface or DLL handle with the given ID

Hello,

I get the following error -9 on my Labview program when i try to control a PI stage controller with a VI.

Open interface error: DLL connect interface function failed.  Errorcode: -9 GCS Error: There is no interface or DLL handle with the given ID

The program was working fine till this error occured suddenly. I inherited this pre-written program from a post-doc but nothings changed and its been working fine before.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,920 Views)

HI dhruva88,

did you have made any updates before the Error has occured?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,777 Views)

I shut down the VI, power cycled the controller, and it works again.  Nuisance, that.

I'm using E-816 controller inside a E665 amp/servo.  Please include hardware, as sometimes it's more specific than just the manufacturer of a device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,650 Views)

We are experiencing this same error and have also found that a reset of the controller or even restarting LabView solves this problem.

Have you found the cause of the error or a solution?

Kind regards,

Ronald Ligteringen

Delft University of Technology

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,350 Views)

When I used the labview program written by the post-doc in the laboratory to control the PI C-863 controller for the experiment of single molecule magnetic forceps, it ran normally at the beginning, but suddenly labview could not detect PI C-863, and error-9 was reported: GCS Error: There is no interface or DLL handle with the given ID.
I would like to ask you how you can solve this problem. My sincere thanks to you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,026 Views)