LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -9 Open interface error : DLL connect interface function failed. Errorcode: -9 GCS Error: There is no interface or DLL handle with the given ID

Hello,

I get the following error -9 on my Labview program when i try to control a PI stage controller with a VI.

Open interface error: DLL connect interface function failed.  Errorcode: -9 GCS Error: There is no interface or DLL handle with the given ID

The program was working fine till this error occured suddenly. I inherited this pre-written program from a post-doc but nothings changed and its been working fine before.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,881 Views)

HI dhruva88,

did you have made any updates before the Error has occured?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,738 Views)

I shut down the VI, power cycled the controller, and it works again.  Nuisance, that.

I'm using E-816 controller inside a E665 amp/servo.  Please include hardware, as sometimes it's more specific than just the manufacturer of a device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,611 Views)

We are experiencing this same error and have also found that a reset of the controller or even restarting LabView solves this problem.

Have you found the cause of the error or a solution?

Kind regards,

Ronald Ligteringen

Delft University of Technology

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,311 Views)

When I used the labview program written by the post-doc in the laboratory to control the PI C-863 controller for the experiment of single molecule magnetic forceps, it ran normally at the beginning, but suddenly labview could not detect PI C-863, and error-9 was reported: GCS Error: There is no interface or DLL handle with the given ID.
I would like to ask you how you can solve this problem. My sincere thanks to you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(987 Views)