LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -2558 using Open data storage express vi.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the appropriate Tektronix plugin installed and when I use the Open Data Storage Express vi to create new *.WFM file I get error -2558 indicating My system does not have the software installed to support the file type. I am using version 2015 SP1. Anyone else seeing this issue? What am I mising here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,781 Views)

RockerRon,

Are you following the steps listed at the link below to install the plugin

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4352/en/

and the steps listed below to use the plugin?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11951/en/

Also can you see your installed plugin in the dropdown menu within the express VI?

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,728 Views)

I just noticed this line on the plugin page. This DataPlugin supports reading / importing of Tektronix waveform files.

It looks as though maybe creating .WFM files is unsupported with this plugin.

Thanks,

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,720 Views)

It sure does! I missed that line... can anyone confirm that there is no way (in labview) to save data from a waveform chart to a .WFM file?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,713 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RockerRon

I cannot find an easy or direct way to do this. There may be a way to convert a file that is saved in a different format if you can find (or create) a file converter. What is your end goal for writing a .WFM file? Will this be used by a device that only recognizes .WFM files?

Alex W.
Message 5 of 6
(3,686 Views)

I am opening multiple .wfm files to analyze them for MIN/MAX values. I want to save the new data (multiple waveforms) to a file for review later by piers. I will save it as a TDMS file that can contain multiple waveform channels. I wont be trying to use .WFM for that now that i see that the plug-in does not support that. thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,683 Views)