From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -2500 Internal storage VI error

Hello,

I am trying to continuously stream data from seven channels from my NI USB-6211 DAQ card. At the same time I am generating a continuous sine wave and write it to one of my analogue outputs on the same card.

I’d like to stream the data generated and measured continuously and simultaneously to a file. I have chosen TDMS as this seems to be most appropriate for the application.

The problem I am having is that available samples per channel gives me back 0 when I am not in highlight execution. I tried to overcome this by setting the samples to read input at the DAQmx Read VI to -1 and have a wait function to not read too often but this didn’t help. Furthermore, I installed TDMS 2.0 without any success. The error I am getting is -2500 and it says "Internal storage VI error". Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? 

Also, it would help quite a lot if I could have a time axis for the analogue output and one for the analogue input group so I can look at the time delays introduced by my circuit. Does anybody know how to do this, so I have a time stamp for each sample like in the express VI? Or any other way to find the relationship between the data of the two groups when sampling is carried out at different rates?

Thank you very much for your help,

Sophie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,172 Views)

BTW, I am working with LabVIEW 8.6...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,169 Views)

I'm a little bit confused when you say:  I installed TDMS 2.0 without any success. The error I am getting is -2500 and it says "Internal storage VI error"

Do you mean you failed to install TDMS 2.0 on your machine? And when you installing, you saw the error -2500?

Where did you get TDMS 2.0 installer? and do you have any screenshot for the error when you installing?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,150 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I get that error when I try to execute my VI. "samples per channel" is 0 (not in highlight execution which makes it hard to find the source of the problem) and I think DAQmx Read gives the -2500 error "Internal storage VI error".

I was hoping that this post: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Storage-VIs-internal-error-TDMS-file/m-p/1278998 would solve my problem, so I installed the newest TDMS version but it didn't have any effect on the execution of my VI.

Thanks,

Sophie 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,140 Views)

I see. I would recommend we try to narrow the problem down, firstly to figure out where the problem is, is in TDMS side or in DAQmx side. If convenient, is that possible for you to try writing a simple VI without any DAQmx code and reproducing the -2500 error?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,137 Views)

Ok, so I wasn't sure what you ment exactly. I have tried to do the same with just the TDMS VIs. It seems to be working fine. I don't get any errors and the TDMS file seems complete too. 

I had the feeling DAQmx Read (just the one in the upper loop) gives the error as it doesn't seem to detect any samples to read. Which would also explain why I don't get the error in highlight execution, because then there are samples to read.  This is why I added the wait VI in the loop and made it 3s hoping this will allow some samples to be collected in the buffer but there just don't seem to be any samples.

I have attached an image of the TDMS VI I just tried out, I can add more things if you have any ideas... 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,133 Views)

Well, I changed the DAQmx Read settings from 2D DBL to 1D Waveform and that seems to solve the problem. Not sure why but switching between these two seems to turn the error on and off... 

Thanks anyway! 🙂 

Do you maybe know how I can get the two TDMS groups in realtion to each other. I there a time stamp hidden somewhere I haven't found? Otherwise it is hard to compare both, when I don't know at which point which of them was acquired....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,127 Views)

Hi, 

Sorry for the late reply. Actually TDMS groups don't have any natual relationship with each other according to TDMS file format. I would recommend you setting some properties on TDMS groups and when reading, you can check the properties to see whether there is any relationship between groups.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,097 Views)