LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -2147319779 in ActiveX

You may have found the hidden problem that has plagued ActiveX Excel automation for years.

reg.PNG

But my company locks down Windows with security policies that forbids editing the registry so I will never know for sure...

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(608 Views)

That security wall policy blocked me yesterday as well.

So I tested the solution on an development system successfully (where I have an admin account for such purpose) with just exporting the faulty entry into this system (error) and deleting it afterwars (no error).

Luckily our Company IT helped me out on this one and deleted the entry for me.

Works like a charm an I am still joyful crying for finding this needle in the hay.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(600 Views)

Helo Everyone, I am having issues again with ActiveX. i had pretty much the same code working last week. but now, the system is throwing out error as:

Error -2146827284 occurred at Unknown System Error in OpenXL_Workbook.vi-

I'm not sure if our IT has made any upgrades to Windows or what happened -- but I'm just lost n down!

I have moved to Labview 2017, Win10, Office 2016. The original code in which OpenXL_Workbook was written was developed in Labview 2011, Win7, Office 2013. 

any clues? I have tried removing Outdated references as mentioned by someone before, but that didn't help. 

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(552 Views)

I remember there was an issue with ActiveX and Office 2016 but I don't remember exactly what it was. Try running Excel minimized and/or try reselecting the ActiveX properties and methods in OpenXL_Workbook.vi (it's possible a method added or removed an input).

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(547 Views)