From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -2146959355 with ActiveX automation for Logical analyzer 16700

I have downloaded a sample for remote programming the logical Analyzer hp 16700 and this sample works.
But if I take same activeX property nodes and objects...(copy Paste) the new program witch seems to be the same as the original doesn't work: an error -2146959355 serveur execution failed appear!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,836 Views)
Hello Coni,

The sample was certainly developed in another version of LabVIEW that you have.

To solve the problem, I propose you to follow the instructions in the link below :
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/1C025F018CB5761686256C56007DD258?OpenDocument

Sanaa T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,835 Views)
I have exactly the same problem. I have LabView 7.1, and the examples from Agilent are probably made with LabView 6.

The example from Agilent works, and I have been able to modify it, but when I make my own VI from scratch, it fails.
The strange thing is that it fails rather late in a chain of Property Nodes and Invoke Nodes. Last in my chain, I have a Property Node named (of type) IAnalyzerModule, with a number of selectable properties. At least one property (Status, of type text) works fine, but another (Acquisition, of type  "Acquisition Agt16700Ver2.IAqcuisition", a greenish wire) makes the VI fail with error  -2146959355 even if it isn't wired.

I have tried to re-compile the VI by clicking Run while ctrl-shift is pressed, followed by Save All. No success.
I have tried to replace the initial Automation Refnum, reselect it's ActiveX class, delete and re-insert Property Nodes, and so on. No success.
I have Office 2003 installed. Also Symantec Antivirus. I have no privilege to uninstall the antivirus program, or to disable it.
I haven't found any officeav.dll file. (why is the font suddenly bold?)

I have tried to put probes on the Refnum wires,  but can't see anything weird.

Any new suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,664 Views)
Some additional info: I have both Labview 5.1 and LabView 7.1 installed on my machine, but I'm running 7.1. Could that have anything to do with the error?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,649 Views)

Helge,

I hope you are doing well today! What kind of application are you trying to run? Are you just doing some data acquisition or are you also using some Microsoft Office programs?

Running different versions of LabVIEW shouldn't cause the error; they have independent runtime engines.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,639 Views)
I'm only doing data acquisition. Office is installed, but not running, as far as I know.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,632 Views)
I'm attaching two VI's that should be identical, but one works, and one doesn't. They are taken from a working example.

The failing file is made like this: open the diagram of the working example, select the stuff that is to be copied. Open a new VI and paste into the diagram.

The working file is made thus: Copy the working example to another filename. Open the copy, remove everything that we are not interested in, such that the diagram becomes identical to that of the failing file.

The failing example fails at an Property Node, but only if one of several properties is choosen (in this case, the property "Acquisition", which should return a Variant).

The two files are of different sizes. The working file is smaller.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,628 Views)
Now I'm on track towards a solution, I think.
A difference between my seemingly identical VI's was the Prefered Execution System

Solution: set Prefered Execution System = User Interface
All other settings failed. Why?

When it did work (after this change), I actually had Word 2003 running. It didn't hurt.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,624 Views)
Sanaa,
     Can this be use to convert the data capture from logic analyzer 16700 series to FFT in labview? I'm using agilent intuilink to capture it in excel and trying to convert that into FFT.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,539 Views)
Yes you can; that's what I'm doing. Labview is pretty fast at FFT, actually. If you plan to capture 4M sample sequences with the logic analyzer (the maximum) , I found that having 3GiByte of memory in the computer helps a lot.

Helge

Message 10 of 13
(3,530 Views)