From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 200452 on AO.Idleoutputbehavior

Hi,

I keep getting an error 200452 which is associated with my AO.idleoutputbehavior function. This error only appear when I stop the VIs. Every other functions of the VIs (acquiring and output) works fine. I changed the physical channel and it still shows up. I am not sure why I am getting this error. Has anyone ever encouter a similar situation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(897 Views)

Hi Ilias,

@IliasH wrote:

I keep getting an error 200452 which is associated with my AO.idleoutputbehavior function. This error only appear when I stop the VIs. Every other functions of the VIs (acquiring and output) works fine. I changed the physical channel and it still shows up. I am not sure why I am getting this error. Has anyone ever encouter a similar situation?

A lot of information is missing…

• Mind to attach your VI? (Or atleast a sample VI demonstrating the behaviour…)
  • Does the error really appear on stopping of your VI? (Does it appear earlier without noticing?)
  • Which hardware do you use?
  • Which LabVIEW/DAQmx version?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(891 Views)

The error text gives a strong clue: "Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task."

Many common DAQ devices do not support this property for AO.  For example, I just tried with a general purpose X-series MIO device (PCIe-6341) and got the same error.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(876 Views)

The analog output cards such as 673x support this property, not sure about other mixed-IO card (Kevin confirms that X-Series doesn't support)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(859 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the late reply.

• I am using labview 2019 with DAQmx 20.7.
  • I am using a PCI-6115 card with BNC 2110 board.
  • I only get the error message once I stop the VIs. I have not notice a breakdown when the code run.
  • I am still working on a sample VIs that only show this behavior.

I think the PCI-6115 should be able to support this AO.idleoutputbehavior function.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(803 Views)

Hi Kevin_Price,

Thank you for your response.

I am using a PCI-6115 card. I think it should able to support this property?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(800 Views)

Hi Ilias,

@IliasH wrote:
I am using a PCI-6115 card with BNC 2110 board.

I think the PCI-6115 should be able to support this AO.idleoutputbehavior function.

Are you sure - or "do you think"!?

@IliasH wrote:
I only get the error message once I stop the VIs. I have not notice a breakdown when the code run.

Do you handle errors in your VI correctly? Can you even notice an error inside your main loop?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(795 Views)

• I only get the error message once I stop the VIs. I have not notice a breakdown when the code run.

This could as well be because of an incorrect error handling and not really because of DAQmx, please share the VI for review (in LV 2016)

Any reason you think this is the case? (were you hoping for it to be supported or are you sure it is supported?)

Unfortunately, it is not supported by PCI-6115

santo_13_0-1652990352390.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 8 of 8
(790 Views)