From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -200428 in LV 8.6 but not in LV 8.0

Solved!
Go to solution

Moved a data acquisition VI from computer with LV 8.0 to one with LV 8.6. 

An error occurs on the new system which doesn't occur on the old:  "Error -200428 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Read (arg 1) in Four Channel Analog Collection.vi".  The help for the error says: "Measurements: Value passed to the Task/Channels In control is invalid.  The value must refer to a valid task or valid virtual channels."  Why isn't the acquisition task a valid task?  It seems to be valid in 8.0.

The VI is attached.  It was saved in LV 8.0 compatibility mode, on a LV 8.6 system.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,440 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCR

Have you setup the Task Four Channels on the new computer? Have a look at the following:

Saving the System Configuration in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)

Also, I would recommend that you consider the Producer/Consumer design pattern where the DAQ can happen in the producer loop and your File I/O in the consumer. To look at a template, navigate to File -> New.. andlook for the Producer/Consumer Design Pattern.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 4
(2,433 Views)
Hmmm... it worked under 8.5.  Can you try mass compiling the folder it's in?  Not sure if it will help or not, but it may point in the right direction.
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 3 of 4
(2,432 Views)
Thank you Adnan & Matt.  I had not defined the task in DaqMX on the second computer.  Once I did, it worked.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,414 Views)