LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -1073807331 VISA write timeout (USB device)

Hi All,

So I have a program written to control a BK precision 9117 Power Supply (connected to laptop via USB)

The main programming PC with the full professional development suite is working fine, no issues at all when I run the program

however, when I compile and build the EXE to use on my testing laptop I'm getting errors when I run it

For the first 5 or so seconds, the program runs fine on the test laptop

after that it just times out and says 

Error -1073807339 occured at VISA write in BK precision 911X Series.lvlib: Read Output.vi

Possible reasons:

VISA: (Hex0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed

I'm completely baffled why one of my laptops the program runs perfectly, no errors at all, but on the other laptop I get this error.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

I already tried to change the timeout value. Didn't work. 

I've checked the subvi's that came with the BK power supply drivers and I don't see any real issues there (its working totally fine on my main PC)

I'm thinking maybe the USB port on my main programming PC has different settings than the testing laptop? Im not sure how to check baud rate and stuff for a USB port though (if it was a COM port I could easily check, but its USB....)

Any guidance would be appreciated thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,883 Views)

Hi Bpatel,

This does appear to be odd behavior. Are you able to communicate with the instrument via VISA Test Panels such as a query on the laptop? I would also reccommend running an IO Trace to get more information. Below are instructions for how to do so.

Performing a Good NI I/O Trace Capture for Debugging/Troubleshooting

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/282C5D41E2BA04F2862574BA007803B9

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,834 Views)

I was actually able to figure it out

My main programming PC was using superspeed USB port (aka USB 3.0)...

I don't have any USB 3.0 on my test laptop so that was the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,828 Views)