LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eigenvalues and vectors

the command for eigenvalues and vectors of the single matrix gives the different result when compared with the Matlab command for the same. please solve the doubt.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(2,952 Views)

Hi canzie,

when YOU have a doubt you should attach your VI, an image of the Matlab code and result.

You also should provide information about the amplitude of the differences of both results.

And ofcourse you should supply information about the data used for calculation (in the VI you want to attach)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(2,939 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi canzie,

when YOU have a doubt you should attach your VI, an image of the Matlab code and result.

You also should provide information about the amplitude of the differences of both results.

And ofcourse you should supply information about the data used for calculation (in the VI you want to attach)! 

No, not an "image" of Matlab code -- I don't want to have to type multiple lines of cryptic stuff to see what it does.  Matlab is text, attach the code.

Bob "No Images, Please, We're Not British" Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(2,914 Views)

Please find the following attachments:

1.matlab program to calculate eigenvalues and vectors

2. files for Matlab programs

3. LabVIEW program for the above Matlab program

4. csv files for LabVIEW program

I am unable to upload files for Matlab program. Then how can I do it?

please tell if you need any other information

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(2,903 Views)

Hi canzie,

what about putting all files into just one ZIP?

Btw. your pca.vi is missing several subVIs, so don't forget to put them in the ZIP as well.

What about answering my questions?

(For those without Matlab on their PC: how else should we compare LabVIEW results with Matlab results?)

What is the expected result? Have you tried the algorithm with some wellknown and well-defined input data?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(2,897 Views)

I am unable to attach rar extension files

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(2,891 Views)

.rar is not a good archive format except for 1337 people

please use a normal .zip archive (if you only have winrar installed, use either the windows internal archiving tool, or install something like 7-zip)

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(2,886 Views)

@canzie07 wrote:

I am unable to attach rar extension files

So don't.  Take the files you want to send, put them in a Folder (or maybe they are already in a folder by themselves?).  Right-click the folder, choose Send to, and choose "Compressed (zipped) folder".  Attach the .zip file that results.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(2,884 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(2,878 Views)

Please find the attachment in my latest reply.

Matlab results are to be obtained through the LabVIEW program. But I am unable to obtain the Eigenvalues and vectors obtained from the Matlab program from the LabVIEW program.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(2,874 Views)