cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edge detection changing image

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

have used edge detection to find the edge, i have had to threshold the image to find the edge, i also need to do further processing on image so try to save the untouched image using a buffer and imaq copy but what ever i do, the untouched image seems to have the edge detection search lines and results appear on that also. any body know whats going on here.

thanks jake 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,701 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jakenz

Hey Jake,

I made a little example here for you with a threshold instead of an edge detection. You basically need to do the imaq copy BEFORE you do the processing on the original image, or else the processed image will be copied. I hope this helps you some.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 6
(5,664 Views)

Hello chris...

can u pls save ur attachment in labvies 8.2 version???

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,488 Views)
Here you go, its just copying an image before any processing is done on it.
Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,463 Views)

Hello Chris

I would like to know the step by step procedure for thresholding an image WITHOUT using IMAQ functions. How can it be implemented?

thnx

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,434 Views)

Nghtcrwlr,

We like to keep forums to a specific question or topic, that way others that may have insight can see what people are asking. 

But basically, yes, you can. You will have to compare each pixel of an image to your desired threshold level, and if the pixel is greater, make it 0, if its less, make it 1. Or however you want to do it. It would just require nested for loops that are autoindexed for your pixels, and then compare each pixel.

There are probably other ways to do this, but this is the first I could think of.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,424 Views)