LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ecg

Solved!
Go to solution

Again - please visit the NI Biomedical User Group at www.ni.com/biomedusers - there is information there about EEG processing, including a free Biomedical Starter Kit download.  The source code version of this starter kit includes EEG processing VI's - you will just need to make a request to the email address included in the description for the starter kit.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40
(1,453 Views)

helloo everyone!!

i need abit of help. i am stuck with eeg & emotion recognition.i did a lot of research and came to know that i will have to use peak frequency for alpha band because alpha band is the one that basically varies with different emotions.my question is how to start?i don't have enough time left now.i just need a kick start.so please people help me

thx

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40
(1,435 Views)

What have you already done?  Can you acquire the signals and just need to interpret them?

I have written a theta wave discriminator.  Its principles may be adaptable to your needs.  What frequency range does the alpha band cover?  How much signal energy do you expect outside that band? Does your desired signal change frequency or amplitude within the band or does it start and stop?  How fast do you need to detect changes?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40
(1,426 Views)

yup i just need to interpret the signals.the alpha band range is 8-12 Hz.it does not change freq or amplitude during this range it remains constant.like there is suppose to be very slight change not a drastic one.and after 12 Hz it starts changing and as the frequency gets higher the changes get more.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40
(1,423 Views)

and regarding how fast i need to detect changes.we will be showing certain videos to the subject which will continuously change the subjects moods or emotions.so you can say i need something which can detect the changes every minute or so.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40
(1,423 Views)

I would start by performing an FFT on the data.  Look at the peak in the alpha band and see if it is indicating what you want.

If you take 10 seconds of data at a time you could update 6 times per minute.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40
(1,414 Views)

If you need startup code, you could try looking at the NI Biomedical Startup Kit 3.0 (it lets you do EEG bispectrum and bicoherence analysis). Hope this helps!

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 40
(1,398 Views)

i am getting skin conductance signal on labview which measures voltage.i am keeping the current constanton the hardware.i can than calculate resistance by ohms law.i need labview to display the value of conductance,not resistance.how do i do that?what functions do i use??

PS:urgent!!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40
(1,385 Views)

You will need the Labview SI unit converter toolkit it is quite expensive. Read more about it HERE Smiley Wink

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40
(1,385 Views)

any other way?because the uni is not goin to buy a toolkit just for my project:(

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40
(1,394 Views)