LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy text report will not print in executable

I have created a VI that prints out a portion of the data on a label when the data is saved.  I use the Easy TextReport vi.  This works well in the VI, but when I create an executable, it does not print.  I'm trying to print to my PC, using PDF-Xchange 3.0, as well as my regular printer, but neither seems to print anything. Any suggestions?  Is this more than likely a timing issue?i

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,078 Views)
Using PDF-Xchange implies that you're printing to a file. So, without seeing your code, my first guess is that it's a path issue, as in: Why Does My Executable Not Work When Using the Current VI's Path Constant? - KnowledgeBase - Support... .
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,074 Views)
smercurio, I don;t think the path has anything to so with it, but I could obviously be wrong.  I don't think this vi cares about the path...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,068 Views)

I'm confused. You seem to be generating a report in MS Word format. What does PDF-Exchange have to do with this?

Also note that there are special considerations when using the Report Toolkit and trying to generate applications. These vary depending on the LabVIEW version and the Report Toolkit version that you have. You should search the NI site as this issue has come up before many times and has been documented.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,052 Views)

Sorry for the confusion...I'm just writing to a PDF file during testing, in order to avoid killing a small stand of trees somewhere in Oregon.  The poiint is that the print feature works great when I run teh LabVIEW VI, but when I create an executable and try to run it (on the same machine - I always test the executable on my machine first), nothing prints, regardless of whether I try to print to a printer or to a PDF file.  I do not get any error message; it simply does not print.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,019 Views)
What version of LabVIEW are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,990 Views)

Hi DanNatCorning,

I ran this code as an executable:

print_easyrpt.png 

in LabVIEW 2009 and it worked just fine.  Either your printer to PDF just doesn't seem to work, or something in the code beforehand is causing the problem.  If you're getting a blank PDF, I would check this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/129CB3DF32B3619986256AF1006A6E9C?OpenDocument 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,986 Views)

Hi,
I got the "Easy Text Report.vi" wrapped in a class.
When I build an executable using the "Easy Text Report.vi", I get the following error running the VI.

Get LV Class Default Value.vi<APPEND>
<b>Complete call chain:</b>
     Get LV Class Default Value.vi
     NI_report.lvclass:New Report.vi
     NI_report.lvclass:Easy Text Report.vi
     DymoLabelPrinter.lvclass:Print.vi:1
     testprint.vi
<b>LabVIEW attempted to load the class at this path:</b>
C:\Temp\builds\Untitled Project 1\My Application\Application.exe\1abvi3w\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Standard Report\NI_Standard Report.lvclass
Get LV Class Default Value.vi<APPEND>
<b>Complete call chain:</b>     Get LV Class Default Value.vi     NI_report.lvclass:New Report.vi     NI_report.lvclass:Easy Text Report.vi     DymoLabelPrinter.lvclass:Print.vi:1     testprint.vi
<b>LabVIEW attempted to load the class at this path:</b>C:\Temp\builds\Untitled Project 1\My Application\Application.exe\1abvi3w\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Standard Report\NI_Standard Report.lvclass

There seem to be something wrong with the NI report as it seems not included in the exe?

Edit: Forgot to say that I am running LV2010 SP1

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,511 Views)

Hi rois,

Please see the following KB

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8A0E6274D9BD7B1986256F62006AD402

This error is due to the installer not including the Report Generation Toolkit's dynamic VIs

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,494 Views)

This has been around since LV2009?

Why was this not "properly" fixed for LV2010 or 2010SP1?

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,488 Views)