LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy excel text has a none executable vi

Hi all,

Im sure the problem is in the active x calls, but im hoping someone can help me fix them.  Currently running LabView 2011, excel 2010 and report generation is anywhere from 2009-2011, i believe 2009 because it was working on  my setup with labview 2010 and excel 2007.

Error is in the excel set cell color and border vi. 

Can anyone help fix this problem.

Thank you

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,035 Views)

I get an error 41000 and it occurs when it get to the class block.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,023 Views)

We really need to see the entire VI.  Also, don't submit a picture of the VI, submit the VI itself (you can do both if you paste a Snippet, which might require 2010, in your post).

ActiveX calls are notoriously tricky.  Have you tried a simpler version of your program where you do not try to set the cell color and border?  And did I mention you need to post the entire VI?

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,007 Views)

Hi Bob,

Here is an attached VI.  It has the same issue that im seeing in all of the excel vi's. The toolkit was purchased in dec of 2010.  I just found that out, so i would believe it to be the 2010 version which should be camptatible with labview 2011 and excel 2010.

Thank you for any help,

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,990 Views)

Also, i was not trying to use color or border in my VI, it was a built in function in the excel text.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,989 Views)

I figured out the solution from an earlier thread.  You have to open the set cell color and border sub vi in excel easy text and select the invoke node: around border.  then reselect around boarder, an extra node appears, no need to wire it.  You must save the sub vi, which i was not doing earlier and then then it will work.

Problem Solved.  Hope this helps.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,985 Views)

Congratulations.  Persistence often wins.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,962 Views)