LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e Neurosky labview demo

I downloaded the Neurosky LabVIEW vi demo located at:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=includeTkbs,location&q=neurosky&noSyno...

I realize that is a really old post but when I attempt to open it on my PC (loaded with LV 2012) There are several sub-VIs missing, Is there an updated and complete / working copy of this VI available?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(859 Views)

Did you install through VIPM the labview-neurosky_driver-1.1.1.5.vip that you can find on the project page?

Also note that that driver makes use of a DLL that is 32-bit only. So don't try to use this in 64-bit LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 33
(846 Views)

Thank you for the reply. VIPM didn't work for me because I only have LabVIEW 2012 running on a 64 bit PC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(817 Views)

Thank you for the reply!

VIPM didn't work for me because I only have LabVIEW 2012 running on a windows 10 64 bit PC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(815 Views)

It's OK if your PC is 64-bit.  It's the LabVIEW version that counts.  There is a 64-bit version of LabVIEW that allows working with larger datasets, but most of us still use the 32-bit version to maintain compatibility with critical addons that don't have a 64-bit option yet.

I'm pretty sure that VIPM will work on LabVIEW 2012 32-bit.  You may need a specific LabVIEW run-time engine too, but it should be installed automatically when you install VIPM.  If you haven't tried yet, here is the download page.

VIPM - Download

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(798 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I tried that last night amd it's obvious that I don't know what I am doing. I got it to load after pointing it to that library file several times to find missing sub-VIs but when I attempted to run it, I encountered the follow errurs:

There was a problem building NeuroSKY-EEG.

Error Details:
Code: 1059
Source: Open VI Reference in DE81A39FE57B3BE70E05C97B8840BD6F->6905F669699562F85119FA935A45EBCA->VIPB_API.BuildAndPackageLibraryFromSpec[Private].vi->VIPB_API.BuildAndPackageLibraryFromSpec[Private].vi.ACBRProxyCaller.3B00049<APPEND>
VI Path: C:\Users\Pippitone\Documents\(eeg project)\.LabVIEW\DATA GRAPHING.VI

so now I don't know what I should try now....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(761 Views)

I notice that several of the missing VIs have the word "ThinkGear" as part of the title.  When I did a web search for NeuroSky, they still seem to be in business, and clicking on their site, there are downloads for ThinkGear and other Developer Tools.  They might have the missing drivers.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(752 Views)

Thank you for the reply. Yes the Neurosky site  (Neurosky.com) has development tools available for downloading, but I only saw support for C& C++  but not LabVIEW. I included the link where I downloaded this emo and the  LLB library file in one of my previous posts. I am having problems linking the LLB library file to my LabVIEW project (which most likely contains the missing VIs. Is there another way to link this LLB library file without VIPM?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(725 Views)

The driver package labview-neurosky_driver-1.1.1.5.vip does NOT contain any LLB. It does contain a .lvlib but that is something very different. It also contains a DLL which should be self containing according to Dependency Walker. But it could be an older DLL that does not work with your current device so you may need to download the latest driver and use the DLL contained in there.

Your example VI however does NOT try to reference this driver. Instead it tries to reference a driver contained in a class instead of a lvlib. Whoever created that example seems to have taken above mentioned driver and then turned it into a class based driver. I have no idea where one could get that version.

Attached VI is turned back to use the lvlib based driver instead.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 9 of 33
(709 Views)

Thank you for your help!  I am trying to open the VI that you attached to your post but I am not able to as it seems to be made with a newer version of LabVIEW than my LV 2012 version will support....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(702 Views)