From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic automation open

hello

My VI is talking to an activeX control that is allready installed in the target computer and used by other programs

problem: depending on the computer, the .OCX file is not at the same location, and the "refnum automation" available in labview wants me to enter a hard link.

vi.png

I would like to store the link in an .ini file and send it to the "automation open" at initialisation

do you have advise?

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,699 Views)

Hello,

I didn't made this test but even though the OCX file is stored in an other path, it is still register in the computer and it should find it. Once again I didn't made the test so I'm not sure 100%.

If not, you can workaround this issue by regestring the OCX at the same location when the you are installing your application. You can run an exe after the installation of your application to force the registration by command line using this document.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4F811A9B23F1D46E862566F700615B7A

You can add this exe or bat file in build specifcation for your installer in the "advanced tab"

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,553 Views)