LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver division using suruga controllers

Hello,

I was recently assigned to add extra functionality to an existing labview VI project. part of the existing functionality is a labview stage controller for 3 stages using suruga controllers. Currently, I am only able to control the stages to a degree of precision of 1 micron. Although I can input lower numbers, the stages are fixed at 1 micron. I believe the problem has to do with suruga driver division where the minimum resolution can be decreased by dividing the driver step size by an integer. I found the suruga driver to do this, but I don't know how to implement it into my existing architecture. Also, how does the driver division relate to the pulse settings? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,982 Views)

It would be helpful to see your existing architecture that you are working with. Also, I would highly recommend posting this question in the Motion Control and Motor Drives forum, which can be found here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/bd-p/240

This will bring your question to other forum users who are more knowledgeable on this subject and it will foster a better discussion.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,950 Views)