LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dpi problem

for an experiment I draw three squares (72x72, 144x144 and 360x360) and do printout of front panel. Then I measured dimension of squares on the same printout and note that dimensions of the sides are not equal between x-sides and y-sides.

After some maths, I conclude that scalling for X-axis is OK (72ppi) but for Y-axis is 71dpi.

Am I right or wrong?

best regards, Borce.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,407 Views)

Hi planet1,

Have you included a property for scaling the front panel when printing?  Below is an image of what I am talking about.  This can also be achieved by going into the VI Properties>>Printing and then checking the Scale printed front panel to fit page.  One question for you:  are you programatically creating these squares or just simply placing them on the front panel using a decoration?  If you are setting them programatically, could you please post your code so that we can see exactly what you are doing?  Thanks!

scaling.png

Kim

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,357 Views)

Hi, VTKim

simply, I did it just for testing.

I draw a square on the front panel and then by menu File-Print... with following options

- visible portion of front panel

- printer

- uncheck Print Header

- no margins

- uncheck Scale front panel to fit

- print...

i did printout, that's all.

thanks for your replying, best regards, Borce.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,346 Views)

Hi planet1,

As per this KnowledgeBase article, it seems that when printing a front panel, it should be set to a 72 ppi scale and therefore would print a 1x1 square. 

Out of curiosity, how did you measure the dpi down to each dot?  I am curious to test this out myself to see if I get the same results that you do.

I hope this helps!  Thanks!

Kim

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,328 Views)

I'm waiting for your results.

Borce.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,321 Views)

Hi Borce,

I measured squares that were printed from the front panel and did not see any discrepency, but I don't think I have the most accurate device.  How did you measure down to each dpi? Thanks!

Kim

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,310 Views)