LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dll problem after power off and on

I am using a dll file to communicate with the hardware. A function is there which will take arround 3minutes to complete, while executing the function if system power is off and after switching on the system and executing the same function the sytem is hanging.  Is it due virus present in the system or the power interrupt. Please tell me the cause and solution.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,009 Views)

Rajashekar wrote: 
Is it due virus present in the system or the power interrupt. Please tell me the cause and solution.

You itself had identified some cause.

1) check whether any virus is there in the system and clean it.

2) Could you please post a screenshot of how you initialize all the parameters in the dll?

This will help us to narrow down the problem. 

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,002 Views)
In the function i am downloading some code into memory which takes 3 minutes. During the time if power is off and on the dll file is corrupting.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,992 Views)

Hello Raj,

The VI doesnt contain the dll file. Also, we might need to look at the dll code (if possible) as to what type of code is being written.

Vaibhav

.......^___________________^
....../ '---_BOT ____________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,956 Views)

In your first post you told, the system was hanging and in your next post you are telling the dll file is corrupting. What actually happening? How you are saying that the dll file gots corrupted? Any error messages? Please post the dll and any error messages if comes.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,943 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry, i came after long time beacuse i struck up in some project. I am facing still facing the dll problem. I am not able to judge what is the problem  is it due to sudden power OFF or something other. Here is my problem explaining briefly..

Program Procedure: I am using a dll to communicate with the instrument. I will check the link of the instrument using link function in dll which works fine,use code download function to download code from the instrument to other instrument and code verify function to verfiy the code present. I have put the things in stacked sequence and find the attachment which gives the flow. Downloading the copde takes 3minutes time and verification will take 1minute.

Problem: While i am downloading code or verfifying the code if suudenly power goes and after some time if power comes back then switch on system then start same test. In the sequence the SPIL link up will come and will struck at the code verification or the code download. If I restart the system then also it will not work. I saw in highlighted mode at code verification or code download, the inputs will be passed to the dll through call library function whereas the response(result or output) from the dll (call library function) will not come. I am not understanding what is the problem.

But with lot of effort i found a temporary solution.

Temporary solution: I have a test code.exe generated in VC++ using test code VC++ file. In the test code i will be just calling the functions used in the dll. When i execute the test code.exe file it will show the operations to perform like check linkup, download code etc. I can download the code and verify it using test code.exe. After doing this the functions which i used in LabVIEW using the dll will  work.

I have placed my dll in system 32 and in my softwrae folder. I linked all my dll file oath to the one present in the software folder. Both th edll files are one and the same.

The problem is also an intermittency i.e. sometimes it will come. Dont knowwhen. But wheneever it comes i use temporary solution.

I cant give the code beacuse its confidential.....

Can any body define what might be the problem and can give a solution

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,828 Views)
Please can anybody reply...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,821 Views)

Can anybody reply? Please...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,793 Views)