From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaying multiplot XY graphs point by point

Attached is a vi showing two methods for displaying plots point by point, the second method is usually but not suitable for my application because it needs one shift register per plot.

I'd use the simplest method (the first) to display a graph with only one  shift register but the XY graph does not accept more than 2 plots!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,232 Views)

Hi Cinou

You may get a better response if you submit your VI in an earlier version of LabView as only a limited number of forum members have LV 2013. Goto 'File > Save for Previous Version' and select LV 2012 or earlier.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,201 Views)

This may just point out my relative newness to LabVIEW, but what is the problem with having a separate shift register for each plot on the graph?

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,193 Views)

Using just one shift register is ok too:

check.png

You just have to put a little more effort into selecting the actual plot before adding new data to it...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,189 Views)