LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display message

dear sir, 

i have multiple string output and i have to display in single indicator as a message can any one explain how to do with some example.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,527 Views)

Do you mean Array of string ? If it is a array, use Index Array(it is under Programming>>Array) to get the single value...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,524 Views)

thank you sir for your reply ...
i have different case structure each case structure has an output  and i have to display all the output in single display... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,518 Views)

Hi,

Use Concatenate Strings to display in a single string.

concate.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,514 Views)

sir if i use string concatenation i am getting combined output but i have to get the output one by one.... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,510 Views)

Hi,

I guess you want to make a string indicator, where you can add a messages with status etc. (if I get it correct). I have some old code, which can help you. You can make a subVI, where you use a reference to the string indicator and add the new info using the property nodes. Just look at the attached file. I hope it helps you...

Cheers

Angel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,504 Views)

Steps,

Does it mean you want the message to be displayed one below the other or the message to be displayed one by one with some delay inbetween.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,501 Views)

hi steps,

why not you share you VI for better understanding...? if it is not confidential 😞

G'Ramy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,480 Views)

@steps wrote:

thank you sir for your reply ...
i have different case structure each case structure has an output  and i have to display all the output in single display... 

Then you place an indicator outside the case and send all cases to the connection.

(Awaiting Altenbachs links)

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,449 Views)

thank you sir i got the solution ..... by using local reference to the indicator...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,446 Views)