From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display 1d array in numeric indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

i would like to display the first element in the numeric indicator, and the next second, display the second element in the numeric indicator and so on.

how do i come around doing tat?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,133 Views)

What you want is index array. One more simple way is read the file and pass the array into a for loop and keep the numeric indicator inside and wire it.

diplay values.png

good luck

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,116 Views)

the loop only runs 3 times. y is tat so?

and the first result for indicator 1 and indicator 2 is 12, but in text is suppose to be 0

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,112 Views)

i did this way - refer to attached VI*

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,107 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wali123

Try this:

update.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 5 of 11
(7,099 Views)

I believe you have to set the transpose terminal to True in the Read from spreadsheet file vi.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,072 Views)

Capture.PNGwhere can i get this icon in the pallette?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,053 Views)

Its okay, found it 🙂 im gonna go try the program now.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,052 Views)

The result that i get, the date displayed in the front panel is not the same as the date in my text file.

and the values of my wind speed and gust speed is not displayed in the numeric indicators. is it because they are decimals?

2.PNG3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,051 Views)

You don't have any date information in your text file.  Just a time.  So when you show the date/time in an indicator, LabVIEW will assume it is the 0th day which is Jan 1, 1904.  Exactly what you are seeing in your indicator.

The first several rows of your text file have 0 data.  It isn't until the 8th row that has any data with a decimal value.  Your front panel arrays are only showing the first three.  When I run your VI, the decimals show up just fine for me when it gets to be able to show that data row.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,046 Views)