LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital output buffer

I'm experiencing a problem with my digital output vi returning an error saying that it was uanble to complete the task within the given time limit. I'm assuming that this is a buffering issue where too many outputs are occuring simultaneously. If this is the case is there anyone with an example output buffer vi that I can use to guide me through the task.

Mark...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,800 Views)
What card are you using?

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,800 Views)
AI-16XE-50
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,800 Views)
Mark's question was very valid, since the answer illustrates why you are getting an error regarding a digital buffer. The E Series board you have does not support timed digital IO and thus does not output using buffers. It only supports immediate updates to the digital lines. You would only be able to control the digital line when you made the function call to Write to the Digital Line or Write to the Digital Port.

You can find the examples for your board in the LabVIEW >> Examples >> Daq >> Digital >> E-Series directory. Note that the CDI or CDO examples in this directory relate to a feature not present on your E-Series board. Correlated Digital IO is available on the new PXI-6115 board, which is similar to the E-Series boards but also features simultaneous sa
mpling on the analog channels, among other things.

Thus, you will have to accomplish software timing with loops in your program or use another board (6115 or a digital board) for your digital output.

Regards,

Geneva L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,800 Views)