LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different waveforms as input

hi everyone,

I want to use sine, square, triangle wave as input.  I know that I can do that with case statement. But I am not sure how do I do that?  I also want to use one additional parameter of duty cycle. How can I do that? I am new to labview. Please someone guide me. I need help urgently.

thanks,

Jinal...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,548 Views)
As input to what? If you have the full version of LabVIEW, there is the Basic Function Generator on the Signal Processing>Wfm Generation Palette. You don't need a case statement, just a control for the signal type input. For square waves, it has a duty cycle input. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,531 Views)

I am using those signals for further processing. If I use the function generator block I think I can just show the signals I cant do any processing on that. Cuase the output only connects to the waveform display. I want it to be multiply by a constant. and then few other things also..  If you know any alternate or solution pls let me know. Here is my file...

Jinal..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,524 Views)

The output of the function generator is a waveform data type. It does not just connect to a graph. You can connect it to any function that accepts a waveform data type. That includes the multipy function, the waveform conditioning, the waveform measurement, etc. I don't see any place in your file where you are generating a waveform - only a single point.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 08-07-2007 10:27 AM

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 08-07-2007 10:29 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,524 Views)

here is my problem. How do I connect it to the further section?

Jinal.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,507 Views)
here is my question. How do I connect it to the further section? and is it the right way to connect this block in the system?
Jinal..
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,507 Views)
I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish with your program. If the idea is to output some sort of waveform with the AO Write One Update, then the output of the function generator can be wired directly to it's input called waveform data.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,503 Views)