LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dicom server/client

Hi all,

We just got a 3D ultrasound machine, which has a nice feature to push the acquired dicom digital images through the network. We tried to use Osirix that was configured to listen to the network for incoming dicom images, and it worked. But because Osirix is only available on a mac, we would like to explore other options. Anyone knows if Labview has such a capability?  We integrated all our instrumentations using Labview.

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,331 Views)
Hi there,

If you are referring to simply transferring files over a network, then LabVIEW absolutely has that capability via shared variables, datasocket and TCP VIs (and others).

As far as processing this DICOM image, I do not believe that this is a standard file format, based on this forum post, ... It appears that DICOM is not a native type that IMAQ Read Files can interpret.

This forum post also has some good information on breaking up DICOM files into a format that can be understood  more readily.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,310 Views)
-- you wrote --
>If you are referring to simply transferring files over a network, then LabVIEW absolutely has that capability via shared variables, datasocket and TCP VIs >(and others).
-----------

Thanks for your reply.  The above is exactly what I was looking for.  However, the dicom image at the machine side (e.g., ultrasound machine as the dicom server) needs to be transferred according to a specific protocol, which may not be readily available or known.  I wonder anybody in this post ever used Labview communication blocks to construct such a data transfer.  Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,305 Views)
Hi Daqproblem,

Ah, alrighty. Well, you can certainly call external code in LabVIEW, such as with the Call Library Function Node or System Exec.VI. So if you find a 3rd party program (maybe something you'd find here?), then maybe you could integrate it into your VI somehow.

Best regards,
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,302 Views)