From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

development system not responding

I am using LV8.  Last week I noticed that when I tried to run LV8 it would not respond.  I am running on Windows XP.  It has worked just fine since LV8 was released.  I even uninstalled and re-installed it.  It still does not respond.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,261 Views)
Hello Jeff,

When you say that it does not respond, what is the actual behavior that you observe? Does the software launch and then just appear to hang? Or does nothing happen when you try to launch the application? Do you know if anything has changed on this system since the application worked successfully?

I apologize for the barrage of questions, but for an issue like this one, I would have assumed that a reinstallation would have worked. This was a complete uninstall and not just a repaired installation, correct? Thanks,

Mike D.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,248 Views)
Mike D,

I found out that I needed to delete the labview.ini file.  When I restarted the program, it came up just fine.  I lost my old settings, but I can change that easily enough.  My problem was that I uninstalled through Windows XP.  Thanks for your time.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,242 Views)
Hello Jeff,

While this is definitely strange behavior, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get up and running by removing this ini file. Please post back or create a service request if this becomes a recurring problem for you. Thanks, and good luck with your application.

Mike D.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,226 Views)