LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desktop execution trace toolkit reference leak

Solved!
Go to solution

I just decided to run the toolkit to see what it does on a project and found a unknown leak 0x0A185718.  The event is described as a reference leak and it says it is in the top level VI and it happens when I stop the program.  The toolkit is ver 2014 and I am running it on a 2011 sp1 project.

I notice that when I click on an entry in the toolkit it will take you to the location of the event.  But since it is the top level VI it does not really help.  I went through and closed every reference I could find, but I still get the unknown leak.  I tried the LabVIEW example dealing with the toolkit and that seems to work fine.

So then I started to disable parts of the code and tracked the leak down to DAQmx read (Analog 1D Wfm Nchan Nsamp).vi.  I created a test vi with only that vi and it will generate the unknown error when stopped.  I also tried with the 2D DBL output and got an unknown reference error.

Is this a big deal?  Any idea why it is an unknown error eventhough it is coming from the DAQmx vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Bryan

Are you closing and clearing the task?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,427 Views)

Doh!

That was it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,417 Views)