From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

designing an encoder sensor using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

please, can someone help me on how to use  LabView to design encoder sensor. thanks alot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,619 Views)

Hi tman,

what do you want to "design"? The color schema of the sensor housing?

Please be more specific with your questions! (And keep in mind this is a forum dedicated to programming using LabVIEW.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,610 Views)

an encoder sensor can be used to measure angular position using QNET mechkit trainer and encoder virtual instrument. Am thinking if i can use Labview to program/design an encoder sensor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,598 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tman

Hi tman,

an encoder sensor can be used to measure angular position

They can also be used to detect linear movements…

using QNET mechkit trainer

Ah, now we are getting closer!

i can use Labview to program/design an encoder sensor

Surely you can use LabVIEW to create a program which detects/analyses the encoder signals! (You don't design the sensor, but the analysis routine!)

I guess by searching for terms like "counters", "AB encoders" you will find ready-to-use solutions. LabVIEW even comes with exampleVIs and probably even there you will find examples…

(I guess this is homework so I will not provide solutions. Do the work on your own and earn your grade!)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,593 Views)

in fact, you get me right, i really appreciate that. but kindly link me to where i can get ''counters", "AB encoders" to find the ready-to-use solutions. please. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,586 Views)
Solution

Hi tman,

open the example finder in LabVIEW and look for "counters" in the DAQmx sub-tree…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,581 Views)

well appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,576 Views)

even though, i can find the encoder theory on the example finder on the labview, but i thought i will be able to get the video also. (the video of already made encoder). and if you get the video, i will love to have it. am new to labview generally. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,560 Views)
Solution

A quadrature encoder? http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7109/en/

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,554 Views)