LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploying 3D applications

I developed an applicated using the 3D picture controls that includes lighting and loading vrml files.  When I run it from the built executable (even on the same machine I built and tested it on), it won't load the models, and the lighting does not appear to have any effect.  Has anyone else seen this and know a work around?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,895 Views)
What version are you using? 8.21 or an older version with the addon toolkit.  Is the picture control showing up but not rendering or is no control visible?  One common issue is is path differences between the vi and the executable.  The exe is one additional path level to get to a relative path.  I have only experimented with the 3d picture tool but have not distributed an app yet with it.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,885 Views)
I using version 8.20.  The picture control does show up and an object (large cylander as a ground plane) is visible (just dark as no light is shining on it from the light above as in the development version).  The 2 vrml files also do not show up.  It is not a relative path issue, because right now I only have absolute paths to the files.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,866 Views)

Would you post the smallest piece of code that reproduces the error.  That will help us try and figure out what is going on.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,856 Views)
Here is a sample program that just loads and views a file.  The executable build is also included.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,845 Views)
Hey, I am sorry but you includes a shortcut of the main VI instead of the VI itself.  Could you repost??
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,830 Views)
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.  The shortcut should call out an item in one of the folders included in the zip.  If it doesn't, the vi is at Model Viewer/NAPIE User Interface v2/3D/testers
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,823 Views)
So, one weird thing that happened when I opened that VI (thanks for giving the location as the shortcut didn't work) is that a VI was broken (Load VRML File - With Texture Support.vi)...  What is this VI?  Could this be part of the problem?  We are you not using the base VI that comes with LabVIEW (Load VRML File.vi)?  Also, what version of LabVIEW are you using to do this?  Last, I can't find "carrier test3.wrl" anywhere.  Where is this file as it is needed to test the code?
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,808 Views)