From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dependent boolean buttons

hey all, 

I have a problem on how to implement two dependent boolean buttons.

my instrument application has two buttons:

one is an on/off button which I implement as text i.e it shows on all the time for true values and off for false value. it is a switch button and every press change the state and remain in that condition till the next switch.

my second button is an emergency button - he works as latch button and every press shut down the insturemnt immediatly - it is equivalent to the off state of the first buttons.

both buttons work indepently -  but I want them to work dependtly so that when the emergency button will also change the on \ off state on the front pannel. I elaborate, at the moment I have the following when pressed (Action - Result)

POWER ON SWITCH - text button shows power on and the the instrument is on.

Emergency is latch - Instrument is off but the POWER TEXT BUTTON STILL SHOW ON.

I want the later to both turn the instrument off and to change the button text on the front pannel.

is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,570 Views)

@mrish wrote: 

is this possible?

Everything is possible and that sounds like a simple problem. Please attach the code you have so far.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,569 Views)

my code is just operational - there is not attempt to solve it.

I thougt of the matter and what I really need is "initialize to default value" my program in response to some buttons value change.

I know there is some property node to do that but I couldn't find it, or know how to use it property.

Can someone help with that? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,556 Views)

if you mean reinitialization of variables (controls indicators etc) then go in block diaggram click on the variable control / indicator and right click. i am attaching the path snapshot. hope this will help you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,547 Views)

You can just write a FALSE to the boolean control using a local variable of it. That's the easiest.

("Reninitialize to default" is not a property, but a method. You need to create an invoke node instead. Still that seems ill advised, because it assumes that the default value is false. Writing a defined value (FALSE) to a local variable is the correct way to do it.)

Here is a simplified code fragment:

@Tirmizi wrote:

if you mean reinitialization of variables (controls indicators etc) then go in block diaggram click on the variable control / indicator and right click. i am attaching the path snapshot. hope this will help you

I am pretty sure the OP was talking about programmatic changes, so this is not the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,519 Views)

thanks you all!

this is more easy than I thought it would be!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,495 Views)