LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

demux or line selector

Hello Friends,

I have to design a simple demux in labview which transfers the input to a particular output driven by a line select.I am attaching an image of it. Please help.

Demultiplexer.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,397 Views)

Hi Srik,

depending on implementation of your code you should look for "case structures" or "replace array element" Smiley Wink

LabView is a programming language, not an electronics schematics layouter...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,384 Views)

Thanks for the reply

I am not able to wire multiple outputs through case structures. can u please elaborate how to do it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,381 Views)
What is the expected output of a non-selected line? Case statements just require that every wire exiting the case have an assigned value, and with a O1 to Ox case, the input will be connected to the appropriate O output, with the others possibly "set to default".
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,370 Views)

Here is the picture of my VI.

wwqwqs.JPG

U can see there is one output for the case structure inside while loop . I want to tranfer this output to the respective shift register depending upon the line select. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,368 Views)

Hi Srik,

wire all shift registers through the case structure and connect them so their wire run through all the cases.

Now you only need to replace the one wire that is used in the special case...

You need to rephrase your question:

Change from "How to de-mux one output signal" to "How to replace values in certain shift registers?"

Message Edited by GerdW on 03-01-2010 07:38 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 7
(4,361 Views)

Hello GerdW

I think i understand what you are saying.. Ill try to implement that and see what happens. ....Thanks a ton

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,343 Views)