LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete array

Hi. currently, i am having some problems with reading data that is received wirelessly thru using the visa. As the data is streaming in too fast, some of the data are being overwritten without being sent to be converted. i am thinking of inserting each byte of data into an array before retrieving it 1 by 1 to b process. Can someone guide me on how i could solve this problem? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,286 Views)

Hi!

I'm not sure if I get it right.....have you tried "queues" before?

You can send data to a queue where it is buffered.

You then can retrieve the data block by block and as slow as you want (suggesting your memory does not run out) 

Find it on your pallette here:

queue.png

Greets Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,264 Views)

Is the visa read inside a loop? For each loop you are getting a set of data? You can just enable indexing and get the output.

while.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,254 Views)

muks wrote:

Is the visa read inside a loop? For each loop you are getting a set of data? You can just enable indexing and get the output.

while.JPG

This solution will only work for discrete messages. If you are streaming data the loop will always be running and will need to pass the data it reads to another task for processing. I would recommend using a queue to pass the data for processing.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,228 Views)