LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay DAQ data acquisition (simple question)

Hi, I'm pretty new to LabVIEW and how it works, but I'm trying to figure out a way to delay the DAQ Assistant from continously passing data.

A few details on my project. I'm opening up a database connection, then inserting a row containing the data(voltage) aquired from DAQ Assistant(simulator mode) converted to a float.

Basically, I have the DAQ Assistant and the insert data control(Database conn tool addon) within a while loop. All I want it to do is aquire 10 samples of data then pause acquisition for one minute then aquire 10 more and so on.

I've tried messing with the stop input of the DAQ Assistant but I haven't had any luck. Any of you guys with more experience able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,918 Views)
You just need to put a wait (ms) or time Delay function in the loop. You can get a little fancier with the Elapsed Time function or using the tick count. With a wait/Time Delay, pressing a front panel stop button would not immediately stop the loop. With the Elapsed Time function, you could put your DAQ code inside a case statement and wire the Time Has Elapsed output to the case selector.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 06-27-2007 04:25 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,917 Views)

Ok, I'm going to try the wait(ms) object. I'm a little unfamilar with it other than what it says in the help menu. If I get it right I just need to assign a numeric value of 60,000 for the needed 1 min delay and wire that to the milliseconds to wait input.

Then that would leave the millisecond timer value output to be wired some where to the DAQ Assistant. I'm a little confused at this point because I wouldn't think it would be wired to the data output because it would still be aquiring data constantly except by the time it is processed it is 1min old?

The help page for Wait(ms) doesn't say that the millisecond timer value is a boolean so that means that it wouldn't be wired to the stop input of DAQ Assistant. The other inputs and outputs don't seem to be what I'm looking for either.

Sorry for these pretty simple questions but delays weren't covered in the couple short tutorials I worked through Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,908 Views)
You don't wire anything at all to the DAQ Assistant. When you wire up a value to the wait and have it inside a while loop, that is the time it will take between iterations of the loop.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,905 Views)
Thanks much
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,888 Views)