LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decimal strings

I have the following VI with 8 indicators that I plan to attach to connector panes so that I can pull this data into a teststand sequence

file but these are comma delimited strings in hexadecimal formats.

Is there an easy way to set these indicators up so that they display these values in comma delimited decimal values?

Thanks!

string conversion.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,098 Views)

Dear Rookie,

It is always better to attach code, either in the form of a VI/sub-VI or a Snippet (look at the Edit pulldown menu on the Block Diagram, "Create VI Snippet from Selection".  This lets us "play with" (or "test") your code, see precisely what is in the Wires ("Is that a U32 or an I16?"), and deduce which version of LabVIEW you are using.  For example, what is "Event"?

Have you looked at the Hexadecimal String to Number function on the String "Number/String Conversion" palette?

Bob Schor   

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,092 Views)

I'm confused.  What you state and what you code says contradict each other.  You stated that you have comma seperated values.  But your code is showing a cluster that you flattened into a string.  Why can't you just use the cluster to pass your data to TestStand?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,085 Views)

I didn't know that I could pass a cluster to teststand.

Does the cluster get connected to teh connector pane just like an indicator would?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,059 Views)

Hi rookie,

did you try to connect your cluster to the con-pane yet?

Just do it! (®)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,049 Views)

LV-rookie wrote:

Does the cluster get connected to teh connector pane just like an indicator would?

A cluster is a type of indicator.  So why would it not be able to be connected on the connector pane?  Furthermore, on the TestStand side you can expand the cluster to access the individual items.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(3,040 Views)

What confuses me is a control labeled "Event" that is a cluster of comma seperated values unflattened from nothing.!!!!

That's right there is nothing being unflattened!  So you have an empty string cast to a cluster of (IDNK) and you peel off parts of the rest of the (Empty) string that don't fit into the "Cluster named Event"????

Did anyone else track that?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,025 Views)