From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug shared variable array

I am passing data between a PXI RT Target to a PC Host using Shared Variables.  Everything passes correctly between the Host and the Target, but Shared Variables that are arrays do not pass between the Target and the Host.  Single elements whether boolean, numeric, or string pass from Target to Host with no problem.  I use NI Distribution Manager to examine Shared Variables.  How can you find the content of a Shared Variable that is an array, without writing my own VI? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,305 Views)

Any chance you are using the LV DSC module? If so, we offer this great tool below.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/90AA5F39D69326C2862579670054B471?OpenDocument 

Ben D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,281 Views)

This tool doesn't give me any more information than the Dist Sys Mgr.  The SVs that are working show quality "good" vs "no know value" for the SVs that are not working.

My network-published SVs are single-writer 1D arrays (U32/SGL) of varying sizes (64-1005). 

When I write to the SV I get error -2147024891 with the source being \\My Computer\Lib\mySV\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\Lib\mySV where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. is the IP address of My Computer. 

When I read the SV I get warning -1950679044with the source being \\My Computer\Lib\mySV\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\Lib\mySV where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. is the IP address of My Computer.  I get this warning when I'm reading the SV either from the target or the host.

I've checked the properties pages for the SVs and I don't see how LabVIEW is interpreting the network path twice.  What could be causing this?

Also, if I delete a SV from my library of SVs it still shows up in the Dist Sys Mgr until I restart LabVIEW.  Why?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,271 Views)

Error -2147024891 may be caused by restricted access. 

Error  -1950679044 is undefined. Is there any chance you didn't copy it correctly? You can create user defined errors. I may need to see a copy of your code in the most simple form that produces this same read and write error. Please post it here when you get the chance. I'm sure we can get this resolved.

Ben D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,259 Views)