LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datasocket/OPC server error?

Hello,

I meet communication problems with LabView 7.1 on a production line:

I have 2 PC with 2 different LabView programs and they have to exchange data (Ethernet LAN).

The systems exchange differents VARIABLES, using different protocols : mainly dstp (with data socket server) & opc (with OPCLabView server). For these 2 protocols, I use "data sockets write/read" functions in the code.

Most of the time, the communication works correctly.

But approx. 1*/month, problems occur : some of the VARIABLES stop to be uptdated. Others VARIABLES continue to exchange datas correctly!!

I'm new in the company, so i have never seen the problem by myself, but a colleague said me he saw (thanks to "Server Explorer") that the NI OPCLabview was working wrong.

I want to resolve these problems, but I don't know what's the real root cause of the problem :

- is it the OPC Labview server  (v. 7.1) wich has internal bugs?

- Or is it the datasocket Write functions (v. 7.1) which has internal bugs?

- Others hypothesis?

Actually, most of the critical VARIABLES communicates via dstp, that's why I don't think that the NI OPCLAbVIew server is the cause.

What'is your opinion ? Maybe is it a OS Windows problem?

Have you ever met this kind of problems?

Do you advise me to upgrade to the last LabView version?

Many thanks for your help

Benoît Jouret
Automation engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,181 Views)
Do you get any error message? Can you post your vi?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,165 Views)

Hello,

I don't get any error message!

Actually it will be very difficult to post my vis because the 2 programs are huge, with a lot of subvis.

It has been coded more than 5 years ago by a chemistry engineer, so you will take a lot of time to understand the code 😉

I'm now trying to resolve the problem with NI because it seems to be a referenced bug.

Many thanks.

Benoît Jouret
Automation engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,150 Views)