LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database toolkit

Hello,

I have a project in 2010 that I need to go back to 2009.  Everything goes well when I "Save for Previous Version" except the Database Connectivity Toolkit.  The VIs are still LabVIEW 2010 and 2009 refuses to use them.

I have the 2009 full development system and have tried to reinstall the database toolkit but it refuses to install anything.

How can I get this toolkit back to compatibility with LabVIEW 2009?

Thanks,

BobNorth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,327 Views)

You will need the Database and Connectivity Toolkit 2009 to be installed. Call your local NI Office for a DVD.

Thanks,

Christian

Message 2 of 7
(2,308 Views)

Hi BobNorth,

Are you facing problem with the entire database toolkit when converting to 2009 or just the DATABASE VARIANT TO DATA tool? If it is only with DATABASE VARIANT TO DATA tool then it can be rectified by adding a little piece of code with your converted vi. This happens because the DATABASE VARIANT TO DATA tool acts in a different manner in LV 2010 and LV2009.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give Kudos to good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

Message 3 of 7
(2,303 Views)

Thanks Christian.

I have tried installing just the database connection toolkit from the NI Developer Suite DVD 1 of 3 and installation rolls right along and then says "No Software Installed".  I just removed the database directory bofore attempring the install.  Do I need to uninstall the toolkit before installing it again?

Thanks,

BobNorth

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,285 Views)

Thanks Nitzz.

The files that refuswe to cooperate are DB Tools Open Connection.vi and DB Tools Close Connection.vi.  They may use Database to Variant Data, but that doesn't seem to be the main complaint.

Thanks,

BobNorth

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,282 Views)

Hi Bob,

What specific errors are you getting? Does the problem come when the program is run or right when you open it after saving for the previous version? If you already have the Database Connectivity Toolkit 2009 installed (it sounds like you do) we should check to make sure it is activated. To do this use NI License Manager (Programs>>National Instruments>>NI License Manager). If you have not activated products with NI License Manager in the past, it is discussed here.

If you do have the Database Connectivity Toolkit 2009 installed and activated, try to repair the install. Follow the steps in the How can I Repair my LabVIEW Installation? Knowledge Base, but repair the install of the Database Toolkit not LabVIEW.

The next option would be to completely uninstall and reinstall the toolkit. If installing from the disc doesn't seem to be working, try the online Database Connectivity Toolkit download

I hope that info is helpful!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(2,267 Views)

Thanks Matt.

A conglomerate of everybody's advice finally did the trick and my application now opens in 2009.

I removed the Database Connectivity Toolkit using Add/Remove Programs.

I reinstalled it from the 2009 Development Suite.

The only problem left was the Variant data library, which I was able to open in 2010 and save for 2009.  I put the down revved library in place of the one that was installed and it now runs.

Thanks to everybody that took the time to help.

BobNorth

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,261 Views)