From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data transfer using ethernet between 2 pcs

hi

i need to know that is there a way in labview to use ethernet (LAN cable) to tranfer data between 2 pcs meaning that i want to send data from one pc to another pc using ethernet ? or any example in labview ?

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,141 Views)

Hi nolsqn,

use the example finder. Smiley Wink Search for TCP or TCP/IP. You will find lots of examples.

Mike

Message 2 of 9
(3,134 Views)
And if you are directly connecting the two pc's, be sure to use a cross-over cable.
Message 3 of 9
(3,109 Views)

to dennis knight.

I am trying  to send data between 2 pcs using ethernet . the examples  of tcp/ip in labview when i run them gives an error "network unreachable or reset".

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,071 Views)
Is the other pc reachable? Have you tried to ping it?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,049 Views)

Hello,

I must admit I am a begginer with LabView and I would need some hel with this: 

what about data transfer using wireless?  I found no related examples in LabView examples.

Thanks a lot and have a good day!!

Ana. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,711 Views)

Hello Ana,

The TCP/IP comunication does not depend on if you have a wired or wireless connection.

The first thing you must know is that your PC's should have a network path between them.

Configure your internet connections on both PC's in order to assure that.

You can use the operating system ping command to check this.

If your both PC's are only connected to each other and not to some externeal networks like the Internet, you should also disable firewalls just to avoid having another variable to think about - afterwards you can even define some exceptions to your firewall setting to allow this communication. 

After this, the TCP/IP examples should work.

Hope this helps,

Paulo 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,704 Views)

People are actually trying to help here. See attached picture.

Here is some useful tips for the Labview beginner (we have all been there some time)

1)Then starting a new Labview session enable context help (Ctrl+h). Do not be afraid to use the detailed help option

2)Then stuck, go to help in the toolbar then select find examples

Message Edited by Coq rouge on 04-28-2009 12:32 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,700 Views)

Thank you both a lot!! :smileyvery-happy:

These are very helpful.. and I am very grateful!!

Have a nice day!

Ana. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,685 Views)