cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data storage

dear all,

block diagram.png

front panel.png 

this is my block diagram and front panel looks like.the data I received is from UV spectrophotometer using RS232.FYI,there is no error with this design.readings from the spectrophotometer can be read by LabVIEW.the problem now is that spcetrophotometer reading read only one reading at one time.here is the working principle of spectrophotometer.note that im using spectrophotometer to measure the absorbance of chemical solution.

spectrophotometer.png

as u move push the sample rack to position 1 - 4,the data will be displayed on labview.the sample solution for 1 - 4 is different.so, i would like to display all the data at one time for comparison. such as display it on graph chart and the data will be saved on excel.since im still new with labview, i have no idea how am i suppose to do.

or maybe u have any idea or suggestion?

your help is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,174 Views)

tk_ghani,

It sounds like you want to see each iteration of measurements (together) from your instruments measurements correct? If so, you will want to use shift registers. Just look under the context menu for help and search shift registers, they're very easy to understand and implement. This will give you all your measurements displayed on your FP in realtime as they are measured from the instrument.

Otherwise you can move your NUMERIC indicator outside the while loop (to the right), keeping it wired to the output of the DIVIDE function. Just make sure to right click the loop tunnel at the while loop and select ENABLE INDEXING. This will also give you all results, but not until the while loop has finished executing. But I believe the SHIFT REGISTER is what you are looking for.

Hope this atleast points you in the right direction.

-Chazzzmd

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,143 Views)

dear Chazzzmd,

thank you for your answer.i found out that shift register is easy to understand and implement.=) but i have another question.

Untitled.jpg

i found this from the internet.this is for data save to excel.the problem is i dont really understand this diagram.because i have to save my data to excel. i google the solution already but most ot them i cannot understand. can u please explain to me about this diagram?

tq

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,121 Views)